All About CSR-1
MCA has launched e-form CSR-1 w.e.f. 1st April, 2021. According to Section 135 of the Companies Act, 2013 and Rule 4 (1) and (2) of the Companies (Corporate Social Responsibility Policy) Rules, 2014 every NGO’s including society, trust, section 8 companies requires filing e-form CSR-1 to undertake CSR activities and register itself with CG.
After filing of CSR-1, entities would get one ‘Unique CSR Registration No.’ with Format CSRXXXXXXXX where X represents system generated unique sequential number automatically via email on the registered email id.
On and after 01st April 2021, each entity (implementing agencies) is eligible to undertake CSR activities: After getting both the certificate (Mandatory Certificate)
- Letter containing CSR Registration No; and
- 12A & 80G certificate under the income tax act, 1961.
Time limit for filing of CSR-1:
- CSR-1 can be filed before obtaining any CSR contribution and undertaking any activities; and
- CSR-1 is applicable for all the CSR projects or programmes to be approved on or after 01st April 2021.
Implementing agencies for CSR activities:
The CSR activities can be undertaken by the Company itself or through the followings implementing agencies:
- Section 8 company established under the Companies Act 2013; or
- Section 25 company established under the Companies Act 1956; or
- Public Trust registered under the Indian Trust Act; or
- Society Registered under the Societies Registration Act 1860; or
- Either singly or along with the other Company; or
- Above entity established by the CG/ SG; or
- Any of the above entity having a track record of at least 3 years of undertaking similar activities; or
- Any of the above entity established under an Act of parliament or a State Legislature.
Required Documents for filing e-form CSR-1:
- Self-certified copy of Registration certificate of Section 8 company/ Society
- Self-certified copy of Trust deed
- Self-certified copy of PAN of entity
- Copy of 12A & 80G certificate
- Entity email id & contact no.
- Digital signature of authorised signatory
- DIN/ Copy of PAN of the authorized signatory
- List of directors/ governing body/ trustees (containing name, PAN/DIN, designation & email id)
- Activity Report since registration or last three years (From FY 2018-19 to 2020-21)
After approval of the said form, an acknowledgment shall be sent to the registered email id of the entity on which OTP has received earlier. Thereafter, an approval letter with a unique registration number shall also be sent to the registered email of the entity.
Within 3 months from 01st April 2021, existing non-profitable entities having 12A & 80G certificate requires to apply for its renewal by online filing in form 10A on the income tax portal. (for in-depth understanding about renewal kindly see our specific blog of NGO Renewal on https://ngoexperts.com/12a80g-renewal/ )